What is a Conversational Assistant?
Conversational Assistants, also called Virtual Assistants, utilise a set of AI technologies that allow software or an application, understand and naturally engage with people using either spoken or written language.
Although Conversational Assistants might bring to mind Siri or Alexa, there is no accurate specification that they need to have voice support. Conversational Assistants can be text-based, a combination of text and voice, or voice only.
One of the areas ripe for transformation via conversational assistants is Human Resources. Conversational assistants can facilitate communication via text, on websites, through apps, instant messages and enable an always-on route of engagement between employer and employee.
What are the differences between a Conversational Assistant and a Chatbot?
Despite Conversational Assistants and Chatbots having similar use cases, there are fundamental differences in both technologies’ traits.
Conversational Assistants can:
- Understand user intent without the user explicitly stating their goal within a conversation
- Facilitating natural communication without sticking to a pre-defined script
- Avoids long messages, jargon and technical terms
- Limit user engagement to a specific workflow
- Work to a pre-defined script and present decisions to the user to advance a flow.
- Display enormous amounts of information in one message
- Use technical terms and unnatural responses (e.g. ‘type 2 if you want to do this)
What is Employee Engagement?
According to Forbes, employee engagement is the employee’s emotional commitment to an organisation and its goals.
This emotional commitment means engaged employees care about their work and their company. They don’t work just for a paycheck or just for the next promotion but work on behalf of the organisation’s goals.
The ROI for engaged employees: Higher service, quality, and productivity, which drives higher customer satisfaction, increases sales, repeat business and referrals and ultimately leads to growth in business revenue and profit.
Transforming Employee Engagement using Conversational Assistants
The expectations for HCM departments within enterprise organisations require they have their finger on a large employee base’s pulse whilst operating within a small team.
HCM teams have a challenging job, balancing seemingly conflicting objectives. Employees need to remain focused and work hard whilst also being happy and satisfied at work. HCM teams are held accountable for employee retention and churn whilst being held responsible for employee retention and churn.
Conversational Assistants help lighten the load:
- Conversational Assistants are powerful facilitators of employer-employee conversation. In addition, conversational assistants ensure HCM teams provide instant, accurate responses to employee queries on-demand.
- Conversational Assistant like EVA Bot feeds information directly to your employee management system. This contextual knowledge makes it easy for HCM teams to handle employee relations on a case-by-case basis.
- Conversational assistants can assess employee skills and recommending upskilling opportunities, open vacancies within the organisation or even courses and modules that employees can join.
- Employee onboarding and orientation is another area that’s ripe for automation via conversational assistants. Employee onboarding processes and FAQ’s can easily be managed by a conversational assistant.
How EVA.ai powers Employee Engagement 4.0
We deliver on employee engagement promise by converging Conversational Assistants, Robotic Process Automation (RPA), Machine Learning and Analytics in a single flexible and intuitive platform.
We genuinely believe that the key to organisational longevity is an ongoing, highly engaging and supportive relationship with employees. EVA’s employee engagement solution leverages engaged employees’ collective force to drive new growth levels, innovation, and results.
Far beyond the limiting confines of a traditional employee hub or intranet portal, EVA DEJ is a single framework designed to stimulate employee engagement while unifying company-wide talent management initiatives – from wellness to professional development and internal mobility. It’s a one-stop shop for a sophisticated, digital and multi-level talent management experience.